Here you will find information about my works and activities, samples of my writing and music, links to publications and blog pieces, my curriculum vitae, my forthcoming schedule of teaching, public presentations and concerts, and other useful information. The site is subdivided by my different areas of activity, but you can find combined information under the “publications” tab.
Upcoming Public Appearances:
- Academic Conferences, Talks and Workshops:
- Transformations of Antiquity Workshop (Berlin) December 2-3, 2014.
- Classics Department Colloquium, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia), February 12, 2015.
- Western Mediterranean Culture Workshop (University of Chicago), March 2, 2015.
- Beyond Reception: Renaissance Humanism and the Transformation of Classical Antiquity (Berlin), March 23-24, 2015.
- Renaissance Society of America Conference (Berlin), March 27-29, 2015.
- Early Modern Workshop (University of Chicago), April 27, 2015.
- Conventions and Concerts:
- Boskone (Boston, MA), Feb 13-15, 2015. Concert (Sassafrass), panels.
- Vericon (Cambridge, MA), March 20-22, 2015. Concert (Sassafrass), helping with Charity Auction.
- Anime Boston (Boston, MA), April 3-5, 2015. Staffing and hosting events.
- Balticon (Baltimore, MA), May 22-25, 2015. Concert (Sassafrass), panels.
- Sasquan (Worldcon, Spokane), August 19-23, 2015.
- Spring Quarter 2015:
- Italian Renaissance (open to undergraduate and graduate students including non-history-majors)
- Renaissance Humanism (graduate course with hands-on rare books work, open to undergraduates upon request)
- Fall Quarter 2015:
- European Civilization I:
- History of Skepticism (mixed graduate and undergraduate course, open to students outside history)
- Winter Quarter 2016:
- European Civilization II
- Italian Renaissance (undergraduate course, open to non-history-majors)